EMAIL NEWSTo receive email news, click here.
Visitor News Bulletin Archives
RESOURCES2013 iAbide Pastors Convention
2012 Special Constituency
2012 Circonscription Spéciale
Constituyente especial del 2012
2012 Calendar of Offerings
CONTACT US5427 Twin Knolls Road
Columbia, MD 21045
Tel: (410) 997-3414
Tel: (301) 596-0800
How We Serve
The Columbia Union Visitor is a 48-page, full-color news magazine for members of the Columbia Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. It is circulated to 50,000 households in the Allegheny East, Allegheny West, Chesapeake, Mountain View, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Potomac conferences.
Columbia Union Visitor--Calendar 2012
Here is the recipe we tempted you with in the 2012 Visitor Calendar. Make this delicious, vegan fare for a great start to a new year!
16 oz brown rice spaghetti
1/2 c all-natural peanut butter
4 tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
1 inch of fresh ginger grated on micro-plane
4 tbs sugar or honey
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1 c water
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
3 small cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 c julienned carrots
2 c julienned cucumber
1 c finely sliced green onion
2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook the spaghetti per package instructions until they are al dente. Rinse and cool.
2. Heat the remaining ingredients in a small pot.
3. Stir well, making a homogenous sauce.
4. Heat the sauce until it has the consistency of thick syrup, and then let it cool.
5. Mix the cold noodles with the peanut sauce and garnish with the green onions, carrots, cucumber and sesame seeds.
Serves 4, 1 1/4 cups. Per serving: 451 calories, 16 g fat, 625 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber