EMAIL NEWSTo receive email news, click here.
Visitor News Bulletin Archives
RESOURCESVisitor News Website NEW!!
Talking About Freedom
2012 Annual Report
2012 Special Constituency
2012 Circonscription Spéciale
Constituyente especial del 2012
Calendar of Offerings
CONTACT US5427 Twin Knolls Road
Columbia, MD 21045
Tel: (410) 997-3414
Tel: (301) 596-0800
Mon - Thur, 8 am - 5:30 pm
Does Your Church Have Curb Appeal?
Story by Celeste Ryan Blyden
How brightly does your church shine in the community? Can your neighbors “put a face” with our church name?
Take our interactive quiz below to rate your church or check each statement that applies to your congregation, and identify what areas still need work:
1. We answer the phone using our full name--“Seventh-day Adventist Church,” not “SDA”--so callers know which denomination they’ve contacted.
2. We use the official church logo on all print and electronic letterhead.
3. Our signage—featuring the newest church logo—is placed in a well-lit, easy-to-see location.
4. We provide brochures and other publications about the Adventist church in the lobby.
5. Our website is seeker-friendly: it’s easy to navigate and shares our mission, program information, directions and contact details.
6. We use social media sites (e.g., Facebook and Twitter) to engage friends and visitors.
7. We know our community officials and public servants and they know us. They’ve been invited to our church or school functions, holiday programs and potlucks.
8. We invite neighbors to community events and support other events with sponsorships or our attendance.
9. We maintain contact with public media and often send them event notifications and story ideas.
How does your church rate? Take our interactive quiz:
Going Public: 10 Ways to Raise Awareness of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Your Community - Download it free in English or Spanish at www.columbiaunion.org/communicationresources or watch the corresponding webinar, “Is Your Church Hiding?” at webinars.adventsource.org.
Curb Appeal —This 24-page booklet, with an accompanying PowerPoint on CD, teaches churches to send warm verbal and nonverbal messages to visitors. Order it, in English or Spanish, at adventsource.org and refer to #250070.